As I write them up, my stitch guides from the A&S classes I teach will be uploaded here.
These guides are like stitch fact sheets with references to instructions on how to do various stitches, some in-progress photos of various stitches, summaries of the stitches in a pre-17th century context and links to photos of extant examples. The following PDFs are available for download:
- Bayeaux Stitch Instructions 2014
- Broad Introduction to Blackwork 2014
This class was featured in the Worshipful Company of Broiderers newsletter, edition 31, Midwinter AS49
- Embroidery Sampler Class 2014
- Klosterstich Instructions 2014
- Overview of Pre-17th Century Metal Work Embroidery 2017